Job Title: Product Designer
Department: Outdoor Recreation, Watersports
Reports to: Global Product Lane Director
Location: Petaluma, CA
Summary of Position:
Jimmy Styks builds innovative, consumer focused products within the Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) category. As a member of the design team, you are responsible for the overall design of the product lines within Jimmy Styks portfolio. You will be constantly challenged with redefining the product line in order to provide unique solutions that meet our consumers’ needs and exceed their expectations.
- Execute on multi-year new product innovation roadmap
- Define new product concept and features
- Create product design files and specifications
- Explore new product categories through advanced concept development and research
- Collaborate with Vista Operations Shared Resources on supplier management, quality and costing activities
- Project management of new product development process including the development and tracking of critical path schedules and milestones.
- Coordinate Ideation and Concept development/testing with internal and external resources
- Communication of new ideas and concepts through effective 2D sketches, 3D rendering and thoughtful design presentations to all levels of the company
- Coordinate development of packaging and other collateral material with Marketing team
- Support development of product catalog and marketing materials
- Partner with domestic and international development partners to manage new design projects and communicate on-going product needs
- Participate in focus and consumer group study and interpret feedback into viable product concepts
- Travel as required to manage and communicate with vendors on new product designs
- 4 year degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
- 5 years of related experience in product design focusing on Hard Goods
- Highly refined 2D concept sketching ability mixed with strong 3D visualization skills
- Extensive experience using 2D and 3D CAD design tools including Illustrator, Photoshop and SolidWorks
- Ability to consistently translate market research, feedback, and input into appealing, cohesive and functional designs on cost, on time and on trend.
- Positive team-member behaviors, including open and active listening skills, candid but professional sharing of ideas and opinions and high energy to strive for team achievement.
- Highly developed ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced, creative environment.
- Desire to work in an open, collaborative atmosphere where innovation, accountability and fun are highly valued.
- Strong work ethic
- Common sense
- Sense of humor
As indicated by responsibilities; ability to handle multiple priorities
Computer terminal use approximately 6 hours per day. Ability to work in a shop environment to produce/develop initial concept samples/prototypes.
Standard Office. Domestic and International travel to include weekends and for periods as long as three weeks at a time.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.