Scholastic seeks an energetic, curious, and talented designer to join a design department in its education division. The designer’s primary job responsibilities are to design best-in-class book covers, interiors, packaging, product-branding and digital-experiences. They must collaborate with the art director, editorial, and production to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
Required Abilities & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in art/design.
- 3-5 years experience.
- A mastery of Adobe InDesign.
- Experience designing book covers.
- Experience with print production.
- An approach to file/folder structure that is sensitive to a collaborative work-flow.
- Spectacular communication skills.
- The ability to view mistakes as opportunities for growth.
- The ability to take direction yet maintain intuition.
- The ability to attend to details while multitasking across multiple projects.
- Experience with WoodWing is a plus.
- Experience with Sketch is a plus.
- Experience with HTML/CSS is a plus.
- A love for books and reading is a plus.
- A love for publishing/design-history is a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.