Intern, Visual Design
Ammunition is design studio combining expertise in physical and digital product design, service design, brand identity, user experience, graphic design and packaging. Our work redefines markets by using design to create new business territory. Whether it is a product, an interface, a package or an identity, our approach is to create new, exciting experiences that create an emotional connection with customers and achieve business success for our clients.
We are seeking a talented Visual Design Intern to support our design team in both print and digital design, including identity systems, packaging, apps and Web projects. This position will involve extending and/or executing existing design solutions, with an opportunity to contribute ideas and concepts to projects as needed.
Ideally, you will have capability and interest in layout, typography, iconography or illustration, color systems, and the creation of design comps and presentations. Please visit us at www.ammunitiongroup.com to familiarize yourself with the kinds of solutions we create.
• Ability to take direction from senior creative leadership.
• Ability to respond to design requirements from different team members, including visual designers, UX designers, and strategists.
• Willingness to contribute to design concept and ideas to projects as needed.
• Personal commitment to quality and attention to detail.
• A passion for contemporary culture and interest in current trends in visual design.
• Ability to work efficiently and adhere to schedules and deadlines.
• Ability to work with outside vendors as needed.
• Openness to learning from others.
• BA in New Media Design or Graphic Design (Graduate, or final year student.)
• Previous internship or freelance experience would be useful.
• Skills and interest in visual design and production for both print and digital projects.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.)
• Basic skills in presentation tools (Keynote, Acrobat.)
• Basic skills and interest in visual prototyping, design, and coding tools would be useful (i.e. After Effects, InVision, Flinto, Sketch, HTML 5, CSS, Framer, etc.)
• Effective communication skills.
• A portfolio of appropriate school projects or work that demonstrates the capabilities outlined above.
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled “Intern, Visual Design” to email@example.com.
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. Principals only. No recruiters, please.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.