Sr. Visual Designer
The role requires working collaboratively, creatively and flexibly with multidisciplinary teams. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work across a range of projects; from brand identity, digital products and services, to interface and interaction designs. A Senior Visual Designer at Ammunition has an in-depth understanding of usability principles and a history in consumer focused interfaces, brand identity systems, client business requirements, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
Additional areas of skills and responsibilities are listed below.
01. Client-facing skills
Successful candidates must be comfortable with clients and be able to effectively share their point of view and expertise. They understand the business environment and what clients need to make something actionable and how to make clients feel comfortable throughout the innovation process. Candidates must be able to understand the scope and boundaries of projects.
02. User-centered perspective
Candidates must believe in a User-centered approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration. They must be able to participate on team in the context of a User Centered Design methods, be comfortable with ambiguity, and possess a strong grasp of design methods.
03. Communication skills
Candidates must have strong presenting, verbal and written skills. Additionally, successful applicants understand the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
04. Team skills
Successful applicants believe that better work is done through collaboration, and have an understanding that collaboration is necessary to innovate.
05. Technical skills (craft and tool mastery)
Successful candidates must understand that the digital team is based on generating innovation. They are optimistic about technology. They not only identify and evangelize best practices, but also are able to push new boundaries and explore new territory in order to deliver innovative design.
06. Visual design skills
Candidates understand the value of design, function and meaning, and can tie it to the cultural and business value of brands. They should demonstrate excellent typography skills, an ability to evaluate and edit photography, a keen understanding of visual systems, and are able to see the big picture but get excited about the small details and micro interactions.
07. Prototyping skills
Successful applicants value prototyping and understand that it can be done at many fidelities and have experience doing and leading that work. They understand that grounding ideas in concrete designs is the best way to gain learning’s and move forward.
Required skills and qualifications:
– Strong skills in graphic design and interaction design.
– Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders and across disciplines.
– Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, or a related design discipline.
– An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative branding and interaction design solutions.
– Able to build prototypes to demonstrate interactive behavior.
– Highest level of proficiency with current design tools and software applications.
– A design knowledge of front-end web development best practices and standards.
– A design knowledge of mobile development best practices and standards (iOS/Android)
– Partner with VP of Digital Design to conceptualize, design, build, and extend digital brand experiences.
– Develop high-level wireframes, creative concepts, and prototypes for interactive and digital based projects.
– Provide design-mentorship to junior designers by exposing them to new challenges.
– Approach design problems conceptually, with a constant desire to innovate
– Collaborate with different disciplines within the studio
– Participate in internal and client work-sessions
Additional skills, a plus:
– Experience designing motion graphics with the latest animation tools.
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled "Sr. Visual Designer" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. Principals only. No recruiters, please.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.