Graphic Design Intern
Shape Products Inc. is looking to bring on a talented, passionate and driven Graphic Design Intern. As an intern at Shape, you will work with and learn from our Graphic, and Industrial Designers on projects ranging from packaging and display graphics, corporate identities, websites, trade-show assets, and more!
We are an award winning design firm located in Toronto, with 15+ years’ experience. Our design portfolio includes consumer electronics, personal wellness and beauty, soft goods, and housewares categories along with complementary packaging, point-of-purchase displays and trade-show booth design.
What Makes A Perfect Candidate?
- You love cool graphics and awesome packaging
- You find yourself evaluating product packages and cool signs/displays as you wander through stores, thinking how you would have approached it differently or done it better
- You’re comfortable working with graphics and are excited to learn more about the world of packaging, displays, and any other form of graphic design
- You enjoy being part of a multidisciplinary team
What Will I Likely Get To Work On?
- Packaging graphics that clearly communicate the product and its features
- Corporate Identity; branding, stationery, brand guidelines
- Point-of-purchase display graphics
- Trade-show graphics
- Website design (internal & external) and upkeep (internal)
- App design (occasionally)
What Will I Be Responsible For?
- Learning to create a strong and consistent look for all projects based on the clients’ and Shape’s vision
- Contributing in brainstorming sessions, and delivering creative solutions that meet project objectives
- Learning to collaborate well with project design team to provide supporting assets, as well as working independently when required
- Learning to create final print-ready files based on approved concepts where necessary
- Learning to evaluate and understand different materials, processes and costs with team
- Maintaining a positive, helpful, and productive attitude
What Qualifications Should I Have?
- Dedicated to quality, both in the creative sense, and the work environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience (in school acceptable) in packaging design an asset
- Experience (in school acceptable) in website, app,or UI/UX design an asset
I Need To Apply!
- If you want to see some of our work and who we are, please visit our website!
- Think you would fit right in? Drop us an email through the Coroflot link! Submit your application and include a cover letter telling us why you're right for this role along with relevant portfolio and/or design work.
Please be sure to include examples of your work as well as a resume/CV...those candidates we feel fit our team personality and dynamic will be contacted for next steps/interviews.
How To Apply