Corporate Communications Designer
This is a full-time freelance assignment, between 4/1/17 - 6/15/17. You will work on a team from our office at 35 East Wacker Drive, Chicago IL.
You will be working in Adobe CS (Particularly: Illustrator & Photoshop) and PowerPoint. As part of a team, you would work on a variety of projects for employee communication purposes of our Fortune 500 clients
About Gagen MacDonald
Gagen MacDonald is a Chicago based strategy execution firm that helps companies turn strategy into results. Working collaboratively from the corporate office to the front line, we leverage an organization’s brand, culture, vision and history to motivate and align employees behind accomplishing business objectives. We focus our experiences and passions to make our client’s cause our cause and drive for results.
• Passion for telling a story using infographics and icons?
• Technical expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and PowerPoint?
• Experience creating graphics for large professional audiences?
We’re looking for a “Corporate Communications Designer” to work with our Fortune 500 clients, some of the largest brands in the world.
Our Design Team are Visual Storytellers. They collaborate with Employee Communications professionals, within Gagen and from our clients. They use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to combine great illustrations and graphics with motion, animation, audio, and video to tell our client’s story in compelling and emotionally engaging ways.
In this role you will create informational graphics (“infographics”), icons and illustrations that clearly communicate complex strategies, models and ideas. Graphics that are a universal language, surmounting barriers of language, culture, and education. You will learn and grow until you have expertise in translating ideas and words into impactful and succinct visual representation for corporate clients.
Then goal of these visual communications is to emotionally engage the employees of our clients, create culture change, and to transform some of the largest global employee populations on earth.
You may be asked to:
• Create infographics, icons and other graphics for employee communication purposes for our Fortune 500 clients
• Contribute to the development of Visual Storytelling that supports change management efforts focused on large-scale business transformation, business strategy shifts, culture change and behavior change
• Visually communicate a business cause that rallies people to purposeful action
• Design visual leadership communications that lead to new thinking and spur changes in management processes
• Create a visual model of a written strategy or concept
It's an opportunity to work on national brands in a close-knit, empowering environment. Best of all, it's a great place to grow your talent: You'll be challenged to facilitate the design team and bring a fresh voice and design sense that we need to create the next generation of relevant, motivating Employee Engagement and Culture Transformation engagements.
If you have a design background and are familiar with the trends in presentation design (Duarte, Presentation Zen, Tufte, infographics, etc.), it only adds to our interest in you.
• 3-5 years design experience
• Adobe CS5 or higher (Particularly: Illustrator & Photoshop)
• Project Management / ability to multi-task
• Deadline driven – work under pressure – deliver on time
• More technical than creative
While the ideal candidate will have a degree in graphic design or related creative medium, we are looking for a highly creative visual thinker with a unique background and resume whose skills and talents will help define the team. A diverse design portfolio is a must along with corporate expereince.
• Flash, animation experience
• Web design, HTML, interactive experience
• Video editing and motion graphics
To learn more, please visit Gagen MacDonald on the web at www.gagenmacdonald.com and www.letgoandlead.com
We would appreciate you sending us a resume and link to your portfolio.
How To Apply