Jr Graphic Designer
Why You Want This Job
Lumen Optical, a sister company to 1-800 Contacts, has rethought the optical experience and brings a guest-oriented, high-touch approach to the eyewear industry. It’s a stable, creative workplace where you’ll work with a bunch of really good people to build the business.
- Aspire to design fun and creative content
- Are highly imaginative
- Work well with a team
- Have an interest in commerce, retail, popular culture, and new advertising/design trends and techniques
Then this is the job for you and you should read on.
Things You’ll Do
Under supervision of the Associate Creative Director (ACD), and in collaboration with our design team,
the Junior Designer is responsible for developing advertising and marketing campaigns across web, mobile, print, and social touch points. You’ll be expected to accept critiques and feedback with class, poise, and the permitted amount of grumbling.
Why you’ll love us
Of all the companies out there that talk about putting the customer first, Lumen is one of the few that walks the walk. We invest in the talent and technology to make sure our customers have a remarkable experience.
Plus, we have free food. So that’s cool, too.
Just like 1-800 Contacts, Lumen believes if we take care of our associates, they’ll take care of our customers.
Every associate gets free breakfast, snacks, fruit, and drinks. Lunches (salmon or fillet mignon, anyone?) are highly subsidized. Our on-site gym offers free personal training. And you can schedule discounted dry cleaning pickup, oil changes, or a massage through our payroll deduction system.
Your family and friends are important to you, so they’re important to us. It’s common to see spouses, kids, and friends enjoying a meal with our associates. Everyone is invited to our massive annual film festival where we rent out theaters to watch new movies the night before they’re released (popcorn included) and our summer party with food, gift bags, and prizes. Flu shots, health assessments, and gym access are available to family as well.
All this is in addition to full medical, dental, 401k matching, paid time off, $2,500 per year in tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and more.
Why we will love you
* A Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design. BFA in graphic design preferred.
* 3 to 5 years of professional experience in graphic design and web design (agency
* A strong portfolio showcasing strong typographic skills.
* Experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory, and typography in both
print and digital media.
* An advanced level of experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
* Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
* Accept constructive internal and/or client comments with regard to concepts without
having it negatively affect my work.
* Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment despite changing priorities.
* Work in highly collaborative team environment with other creatives; designers and
* Work from 8 to 5 with some extended hours
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and can work with a variety of people
with different personalities.
* Infuse my personal style in my creative work
* Taking projects from concept to completion.
* Being organized and attentive to detail while still being able to come up with new
solutions to challenges.
* Establish relationships of trust with internal clients.
* Proactively investigating issues and concerns clients may have regarding creative work.
* Keeping tabs on trends and technology
How To Apply