Computational BIM Specialist
Ennead Architects is a multidisciplinary design firm with projects ranging from museums and performing arts centers to complex laboratory, research and teaching facilities for higher education, from large scale infrastructure projects and urban plans to hotels and residential buildings. To address the challenges and opportunities that accompany digital practices Ennead maintains an Applied Computing Department that advances and deploys computational methodologies to the design staff.
The Applied Computing Department maintains three central goals: to advance process and workflow such that project tasks are being executed in the most efficient and precise way, to maintain an ever evolving curriculum of coursework and training that ensures our staff not only has a strong command of current tools but a common conceptual understanding of their practice and to develop standards that ensure consistency on all projects across the studio, establishing a homogeneity to our work product.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and idio-didactic individual to assist in advancing the documentation based arm of the Applied Computing Department. The candidate would work alongside project teams to conceptualize and implement advanced workflows during the design development and construction document phases of a project. Current areas of interest include computational geometry, full design cycle efficiencies and data exchange. The candidate should be highly proficient in Revit/Dynamo and Rhino/Grasshopper, have working knowledge of the Python programming language and quickly learn and adapt new technologies into valuable workflows for project teams. Years of professional experience, 1-3. Educational Requirements, Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture.
• Research and Development
• Development of Revit/Dynamo documentation standards
• Development of interoperability workflows between design and documentation tools
• Digital asset creation and library management
• Establish documented processes, procedures and workflows
• Project Template Management
• Interest in sustainability and performance analysis via Ladybug/Honeybee
• Proactive approach to learning new Digital Design Tools
• Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity
• Ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and support to Revit project teams
• Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines and have a strong work ethic.
• Advanced proficiency in Revit
• Advanced proficiency in Dynamo
• Advanced proficiency in Rhino 5.0
• Advanced proficiency in Grasshopper
• Working knowledge of Python
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under “downloads” on the http://www.ennead.com/employment page along with your materials.
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are legally authorized to work in the US, or if you will now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.