Lead UX/UI Designer
Thales xPlor seeks a Lead UX/UI Designer who thrives on building highly usable and great-looking interfaces for completely new applications. You should thrive on delighting users with useful and elegant features. You should have a deep curiosity about people’s needs and habits, and an eye for proportion, color, and structure. And you should be able to manage the push-and-pull of creative collaboration.
You should have enough direct development experience to work effectively with a small team of engineers and business people. You should also be comfortable selecting tools and work processes that help the team’s productivity.
Core responsibilities include leading design for novel web, desktop, and mobile apps, including information architecture, prototyping, and refined visual element and layout design. Secondary responsiblities include user research, mockups, interface design, testing, and usability review. Supporting functions include preparing presentations, videos, and group visual identity.
* 3 - 5 years of UX/UI design experience (or more)
* Proficiency with popular image processing, illustration, motion graphics tools
* Proficiency with interactive mockup software for web, mobile, desktop platforms
* Experience collaborating closely with developers and business leads
* User research, usability and testing experience
* Experience working in a fast-paced startup or research environment
* Interest in data science and AI technologies, aviation/space/defense/transportation/communications industries, startups and new ventures, corporate innovation, cognitive science, design thinking
* Excellent skills in written, spoken, and visual communication
Candidate should be comfortable traveling on short notice and may spend 30% of the time on the road. Must be able to work productively while traveling.
Thales USA Inc. – Thales USA offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business Travel Accident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and an Educational Assistance Program.
Thales USA Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. We conduct pre-employment drug testing.
Please apply online. No unsolicited or mailed in resumes will be accepted. In addition to a resume, candidates interested in this position should submit relevant supporting such as portfolios, technical publications, patents, architecture specifications, patents, articles, blog posts, presentations, videos of talks, etc.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.