Product Designer-Fitness Equipment
Product Designer – Fitness Equipment
The Product Designer is responsible for leading the organization in research for new products, product enhancements and product redesign in the health and fitness markets. This fitness minded individual will not only create, manage, and implement a highly efficient product strategy, but will push the envelope for true innovation in the market.
• Design, engineer & develop new product. Execute to the product development timeline
• Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues
• Provide leadership and strategic direction in the fitness equipment category
• Assist with managing pricing strategies
• Maintain an awareness of current design trends and influences
• Assist the sales team in account presentations and preparation
• Read publications, attend showings, and consult with engineering, marketing, production, and sales representatives to establish design concepts.
• Evaluate design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics, and necessary product specifications.
• Integrate findings and concepts and sketch design ideas.
• Present design to senior most staff and discuss need for modification and change.
• At times may build simulated model, using necessary tools and various materials.
• Prepare illustrations. May prepare or coordinate preparation of working drawings from sketches and design specifications.
• Design products for custom applications.
• 2+ years’ experience in Product Development
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• 3D CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of functions and individuals toward a common goal
• Must have a track record in executing to procedures and processes in a team environment
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce results within tight timeframes.
• Intellectually curious and creative thinker who is skilled at translating innovative ideas into projects that deliver tangible business value
• Demonstrated success defining and launching innovative products (please provide portfolio)
• Evaluates the market potential and practicality of products in development and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
How To Apply