Senior Industrial Designer
Job Summary (General Responsibilities):
As Senior Industrial Designer, packaging experience, you will be responsible for the overall packaging experience and industrial design of structural packaging for Linksys products. You will collaborate proactively with the leaders of adjacent disciplines (Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, User Experience, Branding/Marketing, Product Management and Sales and manufacturing partners) to continuously improve the quality of our packaging-related consumer touch points, and to create industry leading packaging. You bring your ambitious curiosity, open mind and the eagerness to question the status quo, and we reward you with deep insights into the entire life cycle related to our product development engine, business-driven decision making, and international retail/sales activities. ID team members must be detail-focused individuals with a knack for understanding people, a deep interest in manufacturing and engineering, a natural eye for the development of beautiful form and a never ending desire to learn.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Development of high quality packaging industrial design and out-of-box experience through conceptual sketching, mockups, 3D prototypes, testing and computer modeling.
• Collaboration with cross functional teams to develop innovative packaging solutions.
• Maintain and evolve Linksys’ packaging language and design guidelines; develop new packages and improve existing packages.
• Understand the competitive marketplace, our retail industry, and keep continuously informed about developments; regularly visit stores.
• Collaborate with the Packaging Engineering team; clearly communicate the package’s function and design intent to engineering staff and manufacturers by creating clear documentation.
• Mastery of CAD processes (especially SolidWorks and ArtiosCAD) to streamline your work.
• Provide and receive mentorship by way of consistent collaborative feedback to fellow design staff.
• Participation in cross-functional project teams to define packaging requirements and translate marketing recommendations into realistic packaging specifications.
• Documentation of projects. Document agreed-upon project goals and decisions in writing and share with the team. Seek to promote full cross-functional team alignment at all times.
• Testing of packaging concepts; design based on data and insights, rather than your personal preferences. Gather information and share it with the team.
• Must have excellent time management skills and be able to work effectively with little management oversight.
Further company requirements:
• Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
• Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Belkin.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
• Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
• Proven track record of successfully launched products as the result of five years or more active experience within industrial design and product development. Experience of close collaboration with adjacent disciplines (Packaging and Mechanical Engineering etc.) is desirable.
• Deep competence in a variety of 2D and 3D software: SolidWorks, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Working experience in packaging development, 2D die line creation and Artios CAD software is desirable.
• Broad knowledge of packaging materials (including but not limited to paper, chip board, corrugated, plastic, foam), processes and structures for consumer products.
How To Apply