Product Mechanical/Designer // Fabrique
Job Profile: 2013
• Status: West Coast – Part Time/ Location Northern California Preferred
• Total # of people in this position: 1
• Reporting to: President and Vice President of Fabrique
• Supervising: Asia Designers, Tooling QC and Sample Coordinators
• Interfacing with: All Customers of Fabrique - Asia Mfg and Vendors, Asia Product/Project Mgr, IPO Offices
Total responsibility for all Mechical Engineering and Product Design of Fabrique. Mechanical/Product Designer would be relied upon to effectively communicate and present design concepts, create and deliver Power Point presentations /proposals, in 3D, 2D engineering formats and soft goods. Must be extremely detail oriented and have a keen eye for fabrication use, graphic applications, design and fit.
• Bachelor's degree in ME or EE Product Design, plus a minimum of 5 years experience in technical design and or computer case/phone case design.
• Must have experience in 3D, ME and Auto CAD, fitting, and technical specifications
• Must understand fabrication use, graphic applications, style and fit.
• Understanding of Asia product engineering, tooling and manufacturing processes is a plus.
• Computer skills, including proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop , Rhino and or 3D CAD (a plus), PowerPoint and Excel.
• 5 years experience overseeing product manufactured in China - soft and hard goods accessories preferrably
• An ongoing passion for and Innovation and creativity pricing
• An effective and forthcoming communicator at all levels of the organization
• Excellent organizational & follow up skills deal oriented
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Material/ Component Sourcing, Packaging knowledge a Plus
• Written/Spoken English and Mandarian a plus
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.