Architectural Designer (AIA Intern 2)
Ennead is an international architectural firm specializing in cultural and institutional projects. We are seeking an experienced Architectural Designer (AIA Intern 2), with a strong architectural background of 2-3 years of experience to join our firm.
The successful candidate will be on a path to licensure, works from the designs of others under supervision, and performs routing and limited architectural assignments. This person will work directly with the firm’s Partners and Senior Staff on projects of all scales. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the design and planning process for multiple building types and the production and coordination of architectural construction documents under the direction of the project’s technical leadership.
Additional qualifications include: Bachelors in Architecture, proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and other 3D software. Fluency in English is required.
• Provide architectural design assistance for varied projects and client base using prescribed methods. Implement the development of preliminary presentations, construction documentation and assisting in construction administration phase work.
• Coordinate design issues with the in-house team and outside specialty consultants.
• Participate in company initiatives for quality control.
• Work with clients, contractors and local officials under the direction of the project architect to coordinate construction issues. Assist in the process of logging and reviewing shop drawings along with miscellaneous support.
• Assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor of Architecture degree with 2-3 years of architectural experience required.
• On-track for, or has current Architectural registration.
• Must have strong knowledge and experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, and other 3-D software experience is a plus.
• Good report and technical writing skills desired with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, in addition to being attentive and approachable.
• Must be able to maintain a professional and productive relationship with clients and co-workers.
• Please let us know if you are legally authorized to work in the US, and/or will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status).
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio along with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under “downloads” on the http://www.ennead.com/employment page along with your materials.
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are legally authorized to work in the US, or if you will now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.
How To Apply