The role of Art Director requires an ability to work across a range of projects; from brand identity, digital products and services, to interface and interaction designs. As an Art Director, you are a leader as well as a great designer. You have a strong portfolio that shows experience as an interactive designer, art director of photography and/or videography, as well as building brand identity systems. You demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and skill at both brand design and image creation for traditional, digital, and motion applications.
Additional areas of skills and responsibilities are listed below.
01. Client-facing skills
Successful candidates must be comfortable with clients and be able to effectively share their point of view and expertise. They should be able to take a creative leadership role in at least one top-tier client.
02. Communication skills
Candidates must have strong presenting, verbal and written skills. Additionally, successful applicants understand the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
03. Team skills
Successful applicants believe that better work is done through collaboration, and have an understanding that collaboration is necessary to innovate. You’ll feel comfortable providing daily management of the quality of the visual design team’s creative work and seamlessly guide the team in the direction, style, and methodology.
04. Technical skills (craft and tool mastery)
Successful candidates must understand that the visual design team is based on generating innovation. They are optimistic about technology. They not only identify and evangelize best practices, but also are able to push new boundaries and explore new territory in order to deliver innovative design.
– Highly proficient in Adobe CS
– Knowledge of advanced image making
– Motion experience is a huge plus
05. Visual design skills
Candidates understand the value of design, function and meaning, and can tie it to the cultural and business value of brands. They should demonstrate excellent typography skills, an ability to curate and edit photography, a keen understanding of visual systems, and are able to see the big picture but get excited about the small details and micro interactions.
Required skills and qualifications:
– 5-7 years of experience in brand design and interactive.
– Portfolio of recognized work for local, national, or global clients.
– Ability to curate photography to create compelling evergreen brand assets.
– Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders and across disciplines.
– BFA in Graphic Design and/or Illustration or proven relevant experience
– Highest level of proficiency with current design tools and software applications.
– Partner with VP of Digital Design to conceptualize, design, build, and extend digital and traditional brand experiences within a wide spectrum of projects for brands in various stages of growth.
– Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables.
– Provide design-mentorship to younger designers by exposing them to new challenges.
– Approach design problems conceptually, with a constant desire to innovate
– Collaborate with different disciplines within the studio
– Participate in internal and client work-sessions
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled “Art Director” to email@example.com.
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. Principals only. No recruiters, please.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.