UX Design Lead - Sports (Contract OK)
Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio; we build products and experiences at the cutting edge of technology.
Our next project is one of our most exciting: we're launching a fully-funded international sports media property that will be experienced by millions. If you want to be a founding member of the team, read on!
At Axiom Zen, coming up with innovative solutions is a team-wide challenge. As the UX Design Lead, you will help define and build the product experience from the ground up. This involves full-stack product design from ideas to concept, and prototype to high-fidelity wireframes for MVP products.
As an Axiom Zen designer, you consider the full spectrum of a product rather than the parts that make it up. You offer exciting ideas and bold new concepts, but you test and validate ideas before you act on them, and you consider the end goal in your user-centric design.
This opportunity is open to freelancers with the potential option of transitioning into a full-time role.
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- Designed for innovative web and mobile products with high user engagement
- A portfolio that excites
- Experience collaborating and leading product design decisions within teams
- Designed scalable MVPs to hit business goals in alignment with user needs
- Extensive experience in rapid prototyping using a wide range of tools. We use Sketch, Invision, MarvelApp, Principle, and Zeplin.io
- A strong knowledge of content management or information architecture
A degree or equivalent experience in UX/UI Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, or similar fields
- Experience working on a sports- or content-driven products
- A love of sports (winter sports is a bonus!)
HOW TO APPLY
Think we’ll work well together? Please apply via http://grnh.se/gbf7vk1 with your resume, portfolio, and relevant links.
Axiom Zen is a startup that builds startups. We specialize in new venture creation, taking ideas from paper to product-market fit. We have developed the people, processes, and perspectives necessary to successfully navigate the nexus where the latest advancements in design, engineering, and business intersect.
We believe traditional approaches to innovation have stopped working; the strategic landscape is changing too fast. By the time carefully-laid plans are implemented, they are already outdated. A successful endeavour doesn’t play catch-up!
Optimizing for impact often means working with emerging technologies (like VR and AI), but also includes advances in product, visual design, and even storytelling. Our team of fifty founder-quality engineers, designers, and product leads combine a wealth of experience from fast-growing startups as well as companies like Apple, Google, and SpaceX.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive salary, exceptional benefits, and generous stock / equity.
A few highlights:
- Premium Insurance. Axiom Zen provides full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- Active Professional Development. We actively participate in the development of our team. You have access to a Professional Development budget allocated separate from your compensation to be spent on conferences, classes, books, and any other resources to maintain and expand your skill set, industry knowledge, and professional growth. Or take someone interesting to coffee for in-person learning.
- Speaker Travel Budget. We believe strongly that all our team members should have the opportunity to become thought leaders in their fields. To support this, we have a standard policy to cover travel + accommodations for speaking engagements anywhere in the Americas, and are very willing to support speaking engagements elsewhere around the world as well.
- Mandatory 15 Off Days Per Year. We have a high standard for impact but we insist on work-life harmony and believe in balance. Minimum of 15 off days every year, with no hard limit.
- Transport Reimbursement. We cover public transport to work and back. If you bike to work instead, we set aside $1000/year for bike maintenance. If you walk to work, we’ll bonus you the same amount as a rental subsidy.
Zen Den Vancouver
B1 - 788 Beatty St.
Vancouver BC V6B 2M1
How To Apply