Interaction Designer - UX Architect (all levels)
J.P. Morgan has been a recognized leader in the fin-tech future of institutional trading by incorporating emerging technologies such as block chain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security into the products and services we offer. Our team, which sits within JP Morgan’s institutional trading arm (serving corporate clients), leverages such technologies to develop and refine the tools considered most essential to the users that keep this business at the top of the industry: traders, analysts, portfolio managers and others closely involved in the origination, analytics, and execution of trades. These users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs, within an already complex industry. And so the tools we design must add value while adding minimal complexity. To do our job well, we utilize creative design-led techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t. We elevate UX not just to solve users’ problems but also to use design to steer the product’s evolution into a powerful and extensible framework.
We are actively seeking an energetic and innovative Interaction Designers (UX Architect) to join our global team. The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. Our Product Design team sits within a Product Management organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a maker and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies. In addition, candidates should have the following skills and interests:
• Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
• Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
• Excels at conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
• Has a cache of methods for uncovering important contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
• Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
• Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
• Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
• Can confidently translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s.
• Define and drive the overall process of Interaction Design/Information Architecture for complex highly functional business applications
• Both formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
• Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
• With a solid understanding of the users, steer not just the design but also, where appropriate, the product strategy
• Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
Experience and Qualifications
• For mid-level, minimum 5 years of experience working as a user experience professional
• For lead-level, minimum 8 years of experience working as a user experience professional
• Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
• Experience designing applications within financial services or other complex business domains
• Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree
• Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.
Please attach resume and PDF portfolio or link to web-based portfolio
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.