User Experience Designer
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
• This person will serve as a visual and UX designer on multiple projects, providing initial brainstorming and strategy.The designer must have the ability to combine strong concepting skills with creative design & execution.
• Collaborate with User Research to understand user needs and behaviors, and to test and iterate on designs to meet those needs.Make understanding end user requirements a constant priority.Educate internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction design and usability.
• The designer must understand and execute on the aspects and steps of the process in building interactive design solutions. He or she must be able to visualize, design and conceptualize user experiences.This includes information design hierarchy, process/screen flows, concept sketches, annotated wireframes, interactive prototypes, high fidelity visual mockups and optimized graphics production. Lead the creation of visually compelling representations of the solution’s high-level interaction, navigation and organization design that meet product requirements, respect engineering capabilities, while following the brands visual language.
• The designer will clearly communicate design strategy, rationale, and perspective and present design concepts during creative reviews. Must have the flexibility to understand and apply feedback.This person will also work closely with project leads to meet business expectations and requirements, customer needs and schedule constraints.
• Working interdependently with other team members on key initiatives to ensure that the creative execution maintains a strong, consistent look and feel within brand guidelines is essential.Transform product-specific designs into design patterns that will enable a consistent user experience across products.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with research, engineering, marketing, product management and other internal organizations.
• 3+ years as an interaction designer, web designer, mobile designer or similar role
• Online portfolio of digital projects demonstrating creative thinking and flawless execution
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex ideas or difficult design problems into simple solutions
• Experience designing across multiple platforms and/or devices, including responsive and adaptive design
• Ability to create solutions from design concept through final execution
• Deep knowledge and demonstrated use of user center design processes and methodology
• Demonstrated knowledge on up-to-date industry trends
• Skills and fortitude to quickly generate ideas and mockups
• Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite and Axure (or similar tool)
• Must be motivated, highly organized, flexible during peak workload, detail oriented, have strong project managements skills and be able to move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects while managing deadlines
• Experience gathering and documenting business, functional, and end user requirements
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with and understand the needs of both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders to successfully develop and ship products
• Experience effectively working directly with developers
• 4 year design degree preferable – or relevant work experience
You can also reach out to Marilyn Dwyer at email@example.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.