Sr. UX Designer
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Be part of an enthusiastic team focusing on delivering innovative experiences that improve quality of life, and influences the industry. As part of the UX team, you will be instrumental in driving the strategic direction to help people take control of their diabetes. This position will encompass strategic oversight for new and existing product development.
Work in cross-disciplinary team to identify and define target customers, new products, and features that will win in the marketplace using the Design Thinking process. Identify focused insight-based opportunities grounded on business need as well as user and stakeholder (may include players from medical, regulatory, insurance landscape for example) needs. Identify and clarify business goals as well as technology possibilities, constraints and trends. Ultimately responsible for combining all of the above (user + business + technology) to drive future portfolio recommendations to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive new product development and definition of future portfolio needs. Support process to align key corporate stakeholders to approved portfolio of products and experiences.
• Improve the consumer experience and strengthen brand messaging at various touch points of the user journey.
• Combine user needs, foundational design principles, market intel, and business need to create guidelines for end-to-end ecosystem experience, including product hardware, app, and service experience.
• Develop user experience strategies that reinforce the brand promise and satisfy user’s needs.
• Provide a framework for Dexcom’s tone of voice/positioning/attitude in new product design.
• Develop methods, techniques and criteria for achieving design objectives when managing external agencies.
• Consign consumer research & analysis to define market & customer needs, new product opportunities and requirements.
• Introduce Design Thinking and the user centered design process to the organization
• Identify consumer insights and then innovate on the consumer insights to provide new-to-the-world experience enhancing solutions.
• Serve as primary marketing liaison with external partner companies related to product development projects and commercialization.
• Collaborate with Human Factors to determine formative and validation research goals and methodology, and incorporate findings into iterative design-test-refine lifecycle.
• Proficient with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and good understanding of prototyping tools.
• Portfolio of work that illustrates product, app, and/or service accomplishment with reference to role, responsibility and description of design process.
• Experience with diabetes medical devices, consumer product design, and cross-functional team management preferred but not necessary.
• Design, Engineering, or Marketing degree desired. Master's degree (M.B.A.) or equivalent preferred
• Five (5) or more years related experience and/or training in Marketing, Design or equivalent.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume with a link to your online portfolio.
Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.