Color, Material, and Finish Designer
As a Color, Material, and Finish Designer at Tesla Motors, you will be part of a creative team that is responsible for designing the future of transportation. You will work to translate trends into award winning designs that inspire customers throughout the world.
- Ideate, develop concepts and execute final design of colors, materials and finishes.
- Collaborate with exterior and interior designers in developing appropriate CMF palettes.
- Specify color, materials and finishes for exterior and interior surfaces.
- Work closely with suppliers, engineering and manufacturing to implement production.
- Develop supplier relationships and generate new resources for materials.
- Track trends and apply the information toward advanced designs.
- Design and execute trend boards and mood/inspiration boards presentation.
- Contribute to the building of a materials library and implementing new processes.
- 4+ years CMF experience or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Mass production experience.
- Expertise and understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
- Exceptional visualization and presentation skills.
- High color acuity.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
** All candidates MUST submit a resume and PDF portfolio/personal website to be considered for this position. **
Please apply via the link provided above.
Alternatively, please submit resume and portfolio directly via email to DesignRecruiter@Tesla.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.