Sr Eyewear Designer
As Sr Eyewear Designer on the Honeywell SPS Design team, you’ll be working with talented business, engineering and design professionals to drive the development of desirable, usable, delightful, brand differentiating and market disrupting service experiences
You will collaborate with other industrial designers, user researchers, interaction designers, visual designers, engineers, marketing experts and our external vendors on global projects and strategies. Key focus to create, designs and develops eye, face and head (EFH) personal protective equipment (PPE) to move from standard off the shelf products to unique and customized PPE that will drive growth for Honeywell Industrial Safety. The designer will utilize their specialist knowledge and practical experience of creative design and manufacturing to produce functional, effective and great looking EFH products.
Our objective is to create outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span multiple touch points and users to create design strategies, advanced design concepts all the way to product launch. You will work closely with the EFH business focusing on improving the overall user experience.
The variety of our businesses applications will challenge your creative talents and our global footprint will expose you to diverse cultures and developing markets.
A portfolio demonstrating innovative and complex design solutions in released products.
– Demonstrated experience scoping and executing projects in accordance with an iterative development process.
– Demonstrated experience creating, developing, and delivering Industrial designs.
– Research Experience working with user researchers, marketing and sales to understand the customer and end user’s needs and wants.
– Experience creating low-fidelity to high-fidelity renderings and prototypes.
– Being part of project from first sketch to production.
People who are successful in our environment have highly collaborative skills with an ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels in multidisciplinary teams. As a top candidate, you have the ability to drive design consensus with the project team.
Despite our corporate size, we offer a very informal collegial work environment as part of our Design Studios. We value our people greatly, and enable them to deliver achievable results against clear objectives.
Travel: This position will travel to Smithfield, RI approximately two times per week and also have 10% global travel.
**Please provide design portfolio of product concepts and commercialized products with your application.**
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of experience in Industrial design with specialty on eyewear
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as industrial design, product design
• Master’s degree
• Design portfolio of product concepts and commercialized products.
• Excellent eyewear design skills
• Excellent Industrial design skills.
• Excellent collaboration and teamwork attitude.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Advanced experience with Industrial design and prototyping tools, e.g., 3D CAD programs (Alias, Creo, Rhino, Solidworks etc.), Rendering programs (Keyshot etc), Adobe CS Suite.
• Experience working across multiple type of products and platforms.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
How To Apply