Junior Industrial Designer
About this Job:
OTHR is seeking a motivated Junior Industrial Designer to join a tight team at a fast-paced, exciting startup. You’ll assist in developing designs from the world's best designers for 3D printing production. Ideally, you’re detail-oriented and have an expert command of Solidworks. In this role, you'll develop a deep understanding of new and ever-evolving production techniques while working with cutting-edge technology. Must be comfortable wearing many hats, and finding creative solutions to improve growth and efficiency wherever possible.
What you'll be doing:
As a member of the Product Development Design Team, you'll engineer products to meet manufacturing requirements of the various 3D printing techniques and materials used for production, including 3D printed porcelain, steel and precious metals. The Junior Industrial Designer will engineer concepts from leading designers and problem-solve for manufacturing challenges through use of CAD and prototypes. This highly-focused individual will gain exposure to the world of design at the highest level in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
• Prove out concepts through CAD and in-house prototyping
• Strategize optimal design within the constraints of manufacturing and cost
• Evaluate prototypes from manufacturing partners
• Apply relevant research to design goals
• Stay current on material and production developments in the industry
• Solidworks proficient
• 4-year Industrial Design Degree
• 1-3 years working as an industrial designer with relevant industry experience
• Design consultancy background a plus
• 3D printing experience and manufacturing knowledge a plus
• Ability to think critically about structure and functionality
• Strong sense of aesthetic
• Competent sketching skills
To apply, please submit a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.