Senior Product Manager
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Warren, NJ
Horizon Group USA (HGUSA) is a leading arts and craft and fashion consumer product company. We develop and distribute a large scope of categories from fashionable jewelry and apparel crafts to seasonal stationery & impulse products.
Originally established as a decorative trim supplier in 1912, Horizon Group leveraged its craft heritage, and refaced the company in 2003. Now recognized as a leading source for children's activities, creative crafts and fashion impulse products, the company serves a broad range of ages in the creative marketplace.
Horizon develops products under its own recognized brands such as Just My Style, It's So Me! & Made By Me! With over 5,000 products in the market place, distributed in over 50 retail chains ranging from mass to specialty, you are sure to have seen our success in building products for creative minds.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Product Development and design teams to generate new product concepts through brainstorm meetings, trend-shopping and market research
• Facilitate the creation of sales presentations with mock-up samples, prototypes and presentation boards
• Conduct daily communication with overseas office on issues of new product development/sourcing/costing and keeping a status of all pending projects
• Facilitate item, costing and margin information to sales team on assigned programs
• Create, and keep a status of, all art requests for new products, packaging revisions and production needs
• Review and comment on all production approval samples and provide customer-required samples to sales team
• Complete new item setup and other product & marketing related forms of production items for retail customers
• Work with members from cross-functional teams of Planning, Marketing Ops, Sales, Compliance, Data Management on all assigned programs
• Help drive expansion in Growth Customer sector- sales presentations, samples review, reaction to buyer comments and product execution
• 4-8 years of product management experience in a CPG company.
• Must have sourcing and/or costing negotiating background.
• Outgoing attitude and ability to thrive in a work hard play hard environment.
• Openness to accept constructive critique.
• Marketing management experience a plus.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines and fast paced environment.
• High energy, strong work ethic and driven.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong sense of fashion, color and design.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.