Sutherland Labs is an experience design agency. We work with the world’s brightest brands to create solutions that not only grow businesses, but also enhance everyday lives.
We are seeking a Senior Designer to join our growing Design team. You’ll be working alongside a diverse team of psychologists, anthropologists, ethnographers, filmmakers, engineers, product managers, strategists, and many more, to design best in class experiences for large well known brands across a range of industries.
You’ll be joining a culture of curious and diverse thinkers, and a collaborative, hands-on environment where taking a different perspective is always encouraged.
This is a broad and varied role, which on any given day may range from hosting client pitches, building prototypes, to visual design, or helping our marketing teams tell the Sutherland story to the outside world.
UI, Visual Design
- Creating beautiful, engaging UI designs for apps, websites and other digital experiences
- Visualising storyboards, personas and journey maps
- Delivering assets to clients and developers to a high standard
- UX, Wireframing, Prototyping
- Bridging the gap between research insights and design, collaborating with UX researchers, translating their insights into workable wireframes and prototypes
- Working on design sprints in-between user testing sessions, validating your ideas and designs in an iterative process
Marketing and Creative Services
- Think creatively about how to present complex Information
- Artworking and designing marketing materials
- Curating the Sutherland Labs brand
- Business development and Project Management
- Collaborating with a diverse team of researchers, designers, developers, and strategists
- Developing relationships and helping to win new business
- Leading client meetings and workshops
- Responding creatively to bid requests, scoping projects
- Presenting your ideas and designs to top-level stakeholders
- Managing the design team workload and projects.
- Be an ambassador for design thinking, innovation and user experience design
- Degree-level study in Graphic Design, or related fields. Experience in UX or Human-Computer Interaction would be advantageous. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with industry standard design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch and InVision (or other prototyping tools)
- A strong, well rounded portfolio, that demonstrates your experience in designing responsive digital applications and ability to deliver screens, assets and prototypes to a high standard. Also general experience in graphic design (typography, print and branding). Any additional interests or skills such as illustration, motion graphics, or front-end development, would be a bonus.
Creativity & Design Flair
- You must have an artistic flair and an eye for design
- Excellent typography and layout skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- A passion for design that balances user needs and creative vision
- Design and Digital Trends
- In-depth knowledge of current graphic design, digital and UX trends.
- A solid understanding of the capabilities & limitations of web technologies.
- Personal Skills
- Reliable, takes pride in the quality of their work and has great problem-solving design skills
- Enthusiasm for new challenges, a proactive, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Global and domestic travel may be required
- Role is located in London, UK
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com, include the job title & location in the subject of your application.
How To Apply