Design and Engineering Intern
At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter hardworking intern in the design and engineering field. This is a great opportunity to gain deep experience working at a growing hardware focused startup in New York City. As an intern you will have exposure to the ins and outs of business operations, supplier management, high level design thinking and the hands-on experience of making real contributions to active products that ship. You will be given the unique opportunity to shape our brand as we grow and we always consider great workers for future full time positions as they open up.
Characteristics we’re looking for:
- Experience working on a team to accomplish projects and get results
- A very tactile sense of design for intimate, hand held products that function beautifully
- A knack for building rapport quickly and easily with all types of people
- A “no task is too small” attitude in working at different levels in and around design and engineering
- The ability to problem solve and work past road blocks without needing input
- A night owl schedule that lets you join phone calls with team members, suppliers, engineers, and other designers across the globe.
- A strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A thirst to understand processes and production to understand its impact on a mass produced product
- You are not shy about asking for help when direction is unclear
What specific skillsets you should be familiar with:
- Solidworks – surfacing, assemblies, and 2D drafting
- Excel for data and dimensional analysis
- Sketching for form, communication, and mechanical development
- Knowing best practices for SLA 3D printing is a plus
- Experience with project management tools like Asana and Trello is a plus
- Language skills in Mandarin or Cantonese is a plus
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our product line with that same standard of design. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
We're in DUMBO, Brooklyn home of many creative companies and more importantly, lots of pizza and a shake shack. We are closest to the High Street stop on the A/C line, York Street stop on the F, and the Clark Street stop on the 2/3
Please send a portfolio, resume and at least 1 paragraph of well written prose to email@example.com telling me about you -specific- interest in our product category.
How To Apply