The Studio Account Executive is responsible for generating sales and providing exceptional service to all customers consistent with the Design Within Reach mission.
Sales generation: meet or exceed personal and Studio sales goals.
• Expand the customer's connection to the brand by increasing email sign-up in the studio
• Prospect for new business on a weekly basis utilizing company programs and tools
• Use product information and design knowledge to show and explain merchandise features and benefits
• Help customers in a courteous, knowledgeable, and genuinely interested manner
• Suggest additional items based on assessing customer needs
• Close the sale, writing a quote and following up with customer
• Assist in the coordination of hosting a minimum of 4 design related events per year and extending DWR's reach and involvement in the local design community
• Handle all merchandise returns and customer problems/complaints in a positive manner
• Enter customer orders according to company policy and procedure.
• Product knowledge: develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Design Within Reach products.
• Read all communication and materials on product forwarded from corporate offices
• Demonstrate an enthusiasm for design, including designers and the design industry
• Attend studio meetings, share information amongst peers and utilize the web and catalog
Merchandising: assist in maintaining the Studio's design and housekeeping standards.
• Assist in floor and fixture changes
• Receive process and ship product as necessary
• Utilize the visual standards guidelines to ensure studio meets company standards at all times
• Maintain a clean work space, back room and restroom
• Support basic maintenance of the studio (light bulb replacement, painting)
• Loss prevention: practice awareness of and compliance with loss prevention and safety procedures.
• Contact Proprietor or Area Manager should any internal or external loss prevention or safety situation arise or be suspect
• Working relations: work well with customers, fellow associates and corporate contacts.
• Take initiative to fulfill customer needs in a timely and appropriate manner
• Cooperate with fellow associates and promote a positive team spirit
• Follow company policies and procedures including attendance, personal conduct, dress code and employee discount
• Communicate constructively and objectively with corporate offices when resolving customer issues
• Previous experience or education in interior design or architecture preferred
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to identify customer needs and problem solve, to understand and explain product features and benefits
• Design Savvy
• Retail Experience
• Experience with a POS system and proficient with MS Office software and web navigation
• Able to routinely move objects weighing over 20 pounds, and to understand and properly use a hand truck, carpentry tools, ladders, and other basic materials required in merchandising the Studio
• Attention to detail and outstanding problem-solving skills
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabilities).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ssfnf4fsczvqcfvc
How To Apply