Graphic Designer // Lakewood Township, NJ
Astor Chocolate is a premier luxury chocolate manufacturer, with its fundamental strength being its innovation, creativity and dedication to creating premium products. We provide our customers with the opportunity to promote them, leaving an everlasting impression of distinction and quality. We work in an energetic team atmosphere, and believe much of the success of our phenomenal growth is our commitment to developing our employees’ potential. We are committed to building our company with upbeat, talented, motivated persons, who will continue to uphold our mission of being a market leader, by innovating and servicing our customers with extreme dedication.
Astor’s unique capability of designing graphics and packaging for a wide base of customers in addition to Astor having an in house decorating facility has led us to be a leader in the private label industry of high end confectionery and gourmet snack products. Astor’s in house graphic department consists of a group of professionals who are committed to serving our customers with superior designs to promote themselves with outstanding products. We are currently seeking a talented designer who possesses proven skills across various creative disciplines – these include graphic design, digital photography, sketching and other creative forms. A can-do attitude and collaborative spirit are prerequisites for this important position. You must also be fun to work with
• Conceptualize and translates graphic and packaging design trends to create appealing and innovative aesthetically pleasing packaging solutions for Astor’s customer base.
• Fluency with graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, photography, etc.) with the ability to follow design guidelines, yet push the boundaries as well.
• Design and prepare marketing and sales materials including trend boards, sample mock-ups, and renderings as needed.
• Position requires high-level of collaboration across multiple departments including PD, Sales & Marketing, Purchasing, and Production. Effective communication skills are required.
• Meet tight project timelines through good management of workflow and ability to prioritize. Strong follow-through and flexibility is necessary.
• BFA or BA in art, or graphic design or equivalent
• The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of graphic design experience.
• A demonstrated mastery of graphic design principals including typography in addition to having a working knowledge of pre-press, color separation and printing processes.
• Individuals with strong foundational skills such as self-motivation, responsibility, communication skill (oral & written), detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple items simultaneously are most important.
• Able to work both independently and take direction is necessary. Working professionally with colleagues in a collaborative spirit is central to the success of this position.
Contact us today for a better tomorrow!
Please send your resume, portfolio and salary requirements.
Visit us @ www.astorchocolate.com
please submit a resume and link to your portfolio.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.