Design ideas from basic concepts to fully worked out design solutions. Work independently, according to project briefing, creative vision and direction in close co-operation with Manager. Must have the ability to work with tight deadlines and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility. This role will be hands-on and will handle projects from all stages starting from conceptualization to final completion. Responsible for Hardlines product approvals and designing product concepts.
• Develop and design Hardlines product that is current with the trends of each season.
• Communicate design direction and brand guidelines to licensees and develop innovative and creative concepts.
• Responsible for Hardlines product approvals, creating overlays, etc.
• Track and administer licensing product approval process for assigned licensees.
• Design product concepts for style guides, licensees, inspiration decks, retailer pitches, etc.
• Collaborate with other members of the Creative team as well as other departments as needed.
• Accountable for creative research for Hardlines categories around trends, product, materials and colors.
• Utilize trend services and trend shopping.
• Maintain the creative integrity of Sanrio Brands where innovative designs reflect the latest trends for children, teens and adults in key categories.
• Collaborate on the creation of style files to help support our licensees to understand our vision.
• Prioritize, balance and manage workload with multiple deadlines.
• Work with licensees to ensure character/brand integrity, design excellence, legal compliance and quality of licensed products.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• AA in Industrial/Product Design or closely related area (BA/BFA preferred).
• 2+ years experience within the consumer product industry or equivalent design expertise.
• Must have knowledge of various raw materials (e.g., textiles, plastics, etc.).
• Good drawing/illustration skills and sense of color, able to translate objectives into visual format.
• Computer proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point, MS Excel, MS word.
• Excellent drawing ability; must be physically able to use computer and artist tools.
• Good organization/prioritization skills necessary to work under tight deadlines.
• Good written/verbal communications skills, with strong attention to detail.
• A team player able direction and work professionally with others.
• Must maintain company/licensee proprietary and confidential design concepts & information.
How To Apply