Aircraft Interior Designer
AERIA Luxury Interiors is the VIP completion division of VT San Antonio Aerospace, Inc., an affiliate of ST Aerospace. We specialize in the design, manufacture, installation & certification of private VIP interiors for Boeing and Airbus aircraft. AERIA's highly personalized, luxury interior environments are found in aircraft owned and operated by heads-of-state, international corporations and high-net-worth individuals.
AERIA is seeking a creative and motivated designer to fill a fast-paced position offering opportunities to participate in all phases of the VIP aircraft design and realization process, including:
• Marketing & sales presentations
• Conceptual creation and development of furnishings, lighting applications and GUI interfaces
• Elevation and detail design drawing production
• Production liaison support activities
• Interface with Customer representatives
A successful applicant for this position will be an enthusiastic, responsible team player who enjoys the full range of concept-to-production experiences, and meets these qualifications:
Education and Experience:
• BA or BS in Industrial Design, Architectural or Interior Design
• 1-3 years of experience, but will consider recent grad will a stellar portfolio
• Aviation design experience a plus
• Strong conceptual skills – must be able to communicate creative ideas using hand sketches, Wacom computer tablets, illustration programs, CAD applications and mockups
• 2D and 3D CAD modeling proficiency
• Experience with technical processes, fabrication techniques and materials
• Strong graphic design skills to support projects and in-house promotions
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work within constraints imposed by regulatory requirements
• A passion for concept-to-production projects
• 3D/Solid modeling software (SolidWorks preferred)
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office
• 3D printing experience a plus
• Shop tool skills a plus
Please attach to your email a single PDF file, with your name in the file name, containing:
1. Your cover letter
2. Your resume
3. Your portfolio of work showing your development skills and thought process. Please include quick hand sketches to more refined color sketches, computer renderings to actual physical mock ups.
Include in the cover letter links to any web sites you'd like us to view. Total attachment size cannot exceed 10 megabytes.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.