Are you a creative designer who has always wanted to make toys and games? Self motivated? Up to speed with Rhino, Solidworks, and the Adobe Suite? If so, Big Monster Toys has a place for you.
We started making toys, games, and infant gear in the same year A Fish Called Wanda debuted. Our mission: create products from scratch and show them to all the major manufacturers. If they like them, they get produced and sold in toy aisles around the world.
Big Monster Toys is located in the West Loop in Chicago. Our staff of 26 is an eclectic mix of people from all walks of life. We serve breakfast every morning, have free indoor parking, a giant giraffe and all the computers, machines, tools, and printers to make any toy dream come to life. If you are creative, this is the place to be.
• Highly proficient in 3D modeling with Rhino and/or Solidworks
• Rapid prototyping experience with model making ability
• BA/BS required (Industrial Design or other relevant major)
• Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator proficient
• A grasp of Keyshot and Keyshot Animation is a plus
• Excellent 2D and 3D visualization, conceptual, and communication skills
• Self-motivated, creative thinker/problem solver and collaborative team player
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• 2-4 years of relevant industry experience
• Experience with toys, games, or infant products a plus (but not required)
In this position you will:
• Take the lead on some projects and play a supporting role on others.
• Be involved in product development from blue sky concept to demonstrable prototype.
• Recognize industry trends, client needs, and ideate appropriate product solutions.
• Devise creative and sometimes unconventional solutions to design problems.
• Present your ideas, designs, and solutions both internally and with clients.
• Be an engaged team member on cross-functional new product development initiatives.
• Get excited about new ideas and work hard to deliver them.
• Wear many hats: Ideator, Industrial Designer, Graphic Designer, Model Builder, Presenter.
START DATE: Immediately
- Send resume, cover letter and digital or online portfolios.
- No phone calls or drop-ins. We will contact you if desired.
- There is no relocation allowance for this position.
- No recruiters and staffing agencies.
How To Apply