Visual Interaction Designer
Moment is the design consultancy redefining what lies ahead. We solve complex problems through design with clients in healthcare, finance, media, and other industries and have been doing so for well over a decade. As a company, and as individuals, we continuously grow and adapt to face significant changes and shifts in the world.
As a talent-driven business, people are our most important asset. Moment is a challenging and supportive environment where we learn from each other while working through complex problems. Designers work directly with clients to transform businesses through the creation of new products, services, and capabilities. We hold everyone accountable for the quality and execution of what we do and how we do it.
At Moment, we think of job titles differently. There’s no explicit divide between specialties and expertise, rather, a healthy respect for individual skills and perspectives. In fact, you may notice this same job posting listed under several common industry titles, which is intentional on our part. Designers at Moment contribute their unique perspective and technical expertise in research, product strategy, interface architecture, and/or visual systems design throughout the full duration of projects with appreciation and eagerness to learn from others’ skills.
On a typical day, a designer’s time is spent focused on a single project, working with a small team of other multidisciplinary designers. Teams have direct authority to shape and manage design engagements, develop a shared vision with the client team, and design digital products and services for multiple platforms. You collaborate with your team through sketching sessions, structured critiques and brainstorms, and are accountable to your team for your time and deliverables. As a consultant, you actively listen to client needs, engage stakeholders in informed decision making to facilitate alignment, and generate compelling stories to illustrate the impact of proposed solutions.
If you’re a designer who sees the big picture, revels in the small details, and is eager for the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to great work in a low-ego, maker-centric environment, then let’s talk.
Experience and skills
• A design-related degree, Master’s degree a plus
• 2–3 years of professional design experience in a consulting or in-house environment
• Portfolio that demonstrates your ability to explore, design, and document digital user experiences grounded in user, business, and technical insights
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable with critique, collaboration, and co-authorship
• Confident in individual expertise and perspective, but eager to learn from others
• Proficient with shared tools including Adobe InDesign, Sketch and InVision
• Fluent in a variety of prototyping methods and tools to explore and communicate ideas along the way.
• An understanding of the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform solutions
Benefits and perks
• Comprehensive health insurance, including employer-paid dental and vision insurance
• Paid time off, including flexible vacation policies, paid holidays, and up to 12 consecutive weeks of paid leave for new parents as part of our Pledge Parental Leave policy
• 401k program with up to 6 percent salary match
• Unlimited monthly MetroCard and annual Zipcar membership
• Team events like rock-climbing, softball, volunteering, flower-arranging, office yoga classes, and more
• Mobile phone and home Internet allowance
• Paid attendance to selected conferences and a flexible personal learning budget
• Snacks, fresh fruits and veggies, coffee, tea, beer, and more
• Gorgeous roof deck in our Soho office
• Holiday parties, happy hours, birthday celebrations, special breakfasts, and team dinners
If you’d like to read more about what it’s like to work at Moment, please visit our careers page: www.momentdesign.com/careers
How To Apply