Contract - Color/Materials Designer
Coordinates and performs a full range of automotive color and materials research, design and development functions including interior/exterior colors, materials and trim concept development. Provides feedback for proposals, implementation, materials styling, cost and production management, consumer research, strategic analysis/reporting and general project management. Serves as liaison and technical consultant to internal product development teams, factories and external suppliers. Oversee the development of materials/finishes from concept through production and ensures the best combination of aesthetics and functionality meet branding, marketing, manufacturing, cost and regulatory requirements. Collaborates with pre-development teams to promote materials and color strategies critical to the development of new automotive interior and exterior colors, materials and trim for the North American market.
• Must have a bachelor's degree in a related field and 1 - 3 years of related experience.
• Strong research, design, knowledge of materials and color integrations with product brand design.
• Ability to recognize color nuances and demonstrate color differences.
• Demonstrates creativity to develop and promote unique designs.
• Strong knowledge of consumer trends in materials and color preferences as well as a knowledge of vehicle development cycles.
• Strong negotiation, communication, project management, organizational, interpersonal, computer and presentation skills.
• Ability to work overtime and travel as required by projects.
Response Information: Resumes, cover letters and portfolio samples can be sent to email@example.com - include title of position in the subject line.
Candidate must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.