Senior Manager, Product Design
Groupon is looking for a talented hands-on Sr. Design Manager to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, where you'll be leading the ways our consumers buy, check out and use the deals cross platform. You have 8+ years of experience as a UX leader and amazing portfolio to back it up.
You are extremely detail-oriented, organized and willing to push your team with their creative and constructive solutions. You must possess strong communication skills and keen design judgment, be comfortable leading in a team environment, and have experience in overseeing and giving direction to the other members of your team. You can sell your ideas to the internal clients, because you are a presenting champ.
You will collaborate with designers, user researchers, product managers, development and data analytics teams to design tools and experiences to help our consumers shop more seamlessly and efficiently.
• Lead and manage a team of 4-5 designers to oversee and innovate the ways our consumers buy, check out, and use the deals cross platform (native mobile app as well as web).
• Lead the design strategy by defining user scenario and creating interaction flows, wire frames, prototypes and beautiful UIs that are conformed with Groupon design system.
• Gather requirements, research outcome and data to analyze user and business needs, and set scope and interface strategies in collaboration with product managers.
• Manage, mentor, inspire, and guide the design team while playing a strong hands-on designer role.
• Present the team's works at the executive-level reviews.
• Influence the team’s prioritization by creating/managing milestone and negotiating the workload and time lines with product management and engineering.
• Possess a strong point of view through the lens of customer advocate.
• Create, improve, and own creative workflow processes, protocols, and tools.
• Actively build a strong relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, product and development teams to design a world-class consumer experience.
Job Requirements/ Specifications:
• Minimum 8 years of leading UX design in a in-house or design agency team.
• Experience in building a world-class user-centered design.
• Experience in leading the mobile app design in full product cycle.
• Exceptional portfolio demonstrating a complex problem-solving skill backed up with strong design rationale is a must.
• Understanding in the current design/technology trends.
• Proven leadership skills coupled with an ability to be hands-on.
• Must be able to work in Groupon Palo Alto office.
• Bachelor or Master degree in HCI, Design, or a related field.
• Proficiency in prototyping is a big plus.
• Experience in local, commerce space is a big plus.
• Extremely detail-oriented and also able to see the big pictures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation ability.
• Cool, calm and collected.
• Easy-going and open-minded, no egoistic or authoritarian character.
• Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of a team.
• A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expectation.
• Positive attitude and self-motivation.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.