Product & Graphic Designer
The Graphic & Technical Designer works closely with the Senior Designer & Product Development Manager to determine style, material, and color stories based on input from merchandising, sales, and marketing. Keeps abreast of fashion trends and consumer needs, and supports the integrity of the lines/brands and the goals of the company. Produces product design sketches, tech packs, and supporting graphic design (ads, print collateral, graphics, etc). Reviews all styles for construction, silhouette, fit and trim details.
• Responsible for designing a given number of products per season (two seasons: Winter & Summer) as well as managing carry- overs for assigned collections. Key product categories include apparel, helmets, goggles, and casual wear.
• Attend trade shows, research global markets review industry publications to stay current with market trends and identify new fabrics and techniques.
• Work with design management to choose seasonal colors and develop color stories.
• Research and understand the consumer of assigned collections.
• Administers a pro-active role through entire product design process: research, design concept presentation, illustrations, fit and fabric/trim/print direction, development of specification pack, critique of sales samples.
• Keen ability to develop and/or follow a product brief and design to a specific target FOB.
• Capacity to imagine, capture and express a brand’s essence through unique product concepts, design and styling.
• Ensures that the product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy & branding.
• Assists with fit sessions in office and in factory and work with Senior Designer to deliver the product fit as briefed by the Product Line Manager.
• Drives value-engineering through design process: consolidation of materials and trims.
• Works closely with manager to select innovative and commercial materials.
• Collaborates with Senior Designer and other team members to achieve 'state of the art' opportunities for product innovation.
• Creates on-strategy product designs within set timelines for multiple seasons.
• Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Supply accurate/complete Design Packs on schedule.
• Partners with the team to ensure tech packs are kept up to date, accurate and complete.
• Work with the team to review strike offs and samples and make recommendations for corrections.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
o Strong graphic design & branding experience
o Fashion, apparel, or motosports background preferred.
o 2-3 years of professional experience.
o Understanding of the history and direction of market trends.
o Understanding of fit and patterning.
o Understanding of entire product design and development process.
o Strong eye for style.
o Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CC
o 3D CAD experience a plus.
o Strong illustration skills- possess the ability of communicating a concept thru sketching free hand as well as on the computer.
o A knowledge of printing techniques and understanding of how graphics will translate onto a printable materials is a plus.
o Ability to work with multiple personalities in a diverse environment creating a team atmosphere.
o Must have exceptional ability to manage time professionally and execute ideas from initial concept to completion.
o Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
o Exceptional knowledge of the actions sports and athletic apparel industry.
o Strong Verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Meeting Deadlines and Calendar
• Highly organized and good with Time management
• Work well with Team
• Creative problem solving
• Ability to bring a concept to market
• How merchandisable is the assigned product line
• Innovative thinking
• Ability to follow design direction
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please include Portfolio with resume
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.