As a User Experience Designer on our team, you are in a key position to help define and design our next generation platform. Your primary focus will be on the mobile and multi-device experiences of our individual products and overall platform. You will play an active role in various UX activities from end-to-end research and concept exploration through usability validation and final design deliverables.
The User Experience Designer is responsible for creating compelling, cohesive, and highly usable applications that exceed our users’ needs and expectations while continuing to evolve our platform experience. You will be working closely with clients, product managers, business stakeholders and development teams to make certain there is a clear understanding of the designed experience and that maximum user value can be achieved.
As a valued member of the UX team, you will use your skills and insights in a collaborative, agile environment to deliver great experiences across the healthcare eco-system.
• Prepare and conduct research activities and collaborative design sessions to fully understand our users and their needs.
• Work closely with the product teams to uncover business needs, develop design strategies and communicate your design solutions.
• Create iterative UX deliverables such as task/user flows, IA diagrams, prototypes (hi and low fidelity) and visual layouts.
• Develop, conduct and continuously improve usability testing to elicit requirements and usability issues in order to continuously evolve our product and platform experience.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Collaborate with architecture and quality assurance to understand technical feasibility and ensure the products exceed customer expectations.
• Participate in established agile process activities such as iteration planning, stand-ups, iteration demos and retrospectives
• Help define, create and maintain a global design system, including style guides, pattern libraries and platform guidelines.
• Provide reasonably accurate estimates of time to complete the various UX phases of a project.
• Continuously acquire knowledge about the healthcare industry, UX best practices and upcoming technology trends. Ensure that this understanding is reflected in the designed experience.
• Evangelize user experience and human-centered design throughout the organization.
3 or more years of professional experience in user experience design, user research, interaction design and/or visual/interactive design.
Experience with design tools such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Visio, rapid prototyping tools, diagramming and flowchart tools, etc.
A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design processes and solutions.
Experience designing mobile and multi-device solutions in web-based and native environments.
Experience in a large-scale, iterative software development environment.
Experience with Agile methods and the Scrum framework are highly desirable.
Experience in healthcare a plus.
• Bachelor degree required with Master’s preferred
• Understanding of user-centered design methodology, research and testing techniques as well as information architecture and workflow-driven design
• Experience in developing and weaving together a strong interaction design and a strong visual design to produce a seamless, effortless experience.
• Demonstrated ability to create elegant solutions to complex analytical/data-driven and workflow-driven problems.
• A solid understanding of current web, mobile, and cloud-based experiences and technologies.
• Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business questions and needs.
• Self-motivated team player and independent thinker who enjoy collaborating with customers and cross-functionally, including stakeholders, project managers, engineering, marketing and product education.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and comfortable with fast-paced development cycles.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work successfully with a highly diverse team.
• Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required, with the ability to explain advanced concepts to audiences of varying technical levels.
• Familiarity with current and upcoming enabling technologies, such as voice, IoT, wearables, virtual/augmented reality and/or AI is a plus.
• Familiarity with usability heuristics and relevant HCI literature.
• Understanding of various Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and business processes.
• Knowledge of business requirements and processes.
• Professional background would preferably include business, design and technical experience.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.