Insight 2 Design, Inc. designs, develops, and markets outdoor products to several major brands and retailers. We are currently seeking an Industrial Designer to join the team. You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers developing outdoor products like – headlamps, lanterns, tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, camping furniture, flashlights, and more. You will work side-by-side with other designers, engineers, and product managers to create compelling products that will disrupt the industry.
Our team is spirited and talented, and seeking someone who loves what we do. The ideal candidate will be passionate, have a keen eye for design, and rigorous attention to detail. Our team operates in a focused, fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate must demonstrate ability to work at a high level of professional design thinking focused on end to end user experience and the ability to bring ideas together to tell a great product story.
• Range of experience welcome to apply
• Solid sense of aesthetic and problem solving
• Excellent sketching skills with the ability to explain the strategy behind the design
• Explore a wide variety of compelling designs through sketching and rendering
• Create 3D models using SolidWorks for product development
• Communicate ideas and concepts (verbally and visually)
• Excellent verbal, visual, and written skills
• Highly self-motivated individual
• Desire to learn about the industry, customers, competitors, and products
• Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to bring new ideas
• Highly motivated with dedication to quality
• Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience with designing durable goods in the outdoor industry
• Digital proficiency in Keyshot or similar rendering program
• Love of outdoors and an active lifestyle
• Minimum of one year of product design experience
• Wacom Tablet experience preferred
At Insight 2 Design, we like to work hard and have fun doing it. We offer a relaxed team environment with a group of people that love what we do. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan and the opportunity to try out new gear.
Qualified candidates please send your resume and portfolio samples (a PDF file under 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply*
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.