The Step2 Company, the largest American manufacturer of preschool and toddler toys and the world’s largest rotational molder of plastics, is looking for an Industrial Designer to work in the R&D Department at our Corporate Offices in Streetsboro, Ohio.
The Industrial Designer is responsible for ideation, development and presentation of concepts from initial conception phase through to manufacturing. Incumbent is skilled at working independently and as a team player. This role reports to the VP of R&D.
The right candidate is someone who is a team player with good interpersonal and presentation skills, who is adept at managing multiple projects and categories at the same time.
1. Prolific at conceptualizing and designing solutions for the children’s outdoor toy and the home & garden markets.
2. Lead project teams and review meetings in an organized and comfortable manner
3. 2D hand sketching with Illustrator, Photoshop and Key Shot rendering
4. 3D CAD, such as Rhino, SolidWorks, CREO, ProE
5. Articulately direct Model Makers in developing models and prototypes
6. Participate in teamwork, brainstorming sessions and presenting in front of your Team; communicating and responding as necessary
7. Confidently present your designs to senior management and answer any questions
8. Collaborate with Marketing Insights Team in identifying “white space” opportunities
9. Communicate with Design and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure design’s vision materializes as intended
10. Some travel required
11. May be assigned other tasks or projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
• 5 - 7 years of experience as an Industrial Designer
• Rotational molding/plastics background necessary
• Toy industry, Outdoor play equipment and Consumer outdoor product experience is a plus
• Versed in the development of 3-D forms - CAD files using 3D software, as well as 2D hand sketching with Illustrator, Photoshop and Key Shot rendering
• High level of technical acuity
• Ability to create and develop ideas with minimal direction
• Adept at managing multiple projects and categories at the same time
• Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills
• Proficient understanding of plastics manufacturing processes
• Able to travel within the U.S. and Internationally
Step2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.