We are looking for a full-time, proven visual problem solver with a strong passion for design. You’ll work on-site with our creative team helping to design and build engaging, award-winning caliber design solutions. We’re a small shop, but we do a large variety of projects for a growing variety of clients. So you’ll work on everything from identity & branding projects to trade show booths, web page design, catalog production and many other tasks large and small.
• Design solutions for a wide-variety of clients and a wide range of projects
• Help develop identities, branding and brand guidelines
• Plenty of production work too—catalog design and formatting, photo retouching and outlining, etc.
• Work well within project deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• 3 to 5 years of experience
• A bachelor’s degree in a visual communication discipline, or comparable certifications, professional experience and personal development.
• The ability to wear a multitude of hats from time to time, and pivot quickly as needed
• Previous agency experience is a huge plus
• Demonstrable track record of producing high quality and original design projects
• You love to stay fluent in current design, typography and web trends and techniques
• You possess a mature aesthetic and a user-centered approach to design
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications and tools, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• A willingness to learn, and openness to being directed by senior staff
• Ego-free willingness to work on dry production tasks. No prima donnas
• An ability to work independently and as part of a team effort
• Attention to detail, very well organized, excellent file management skills
• Communicate clear strategy and rationale behind design solutions
• Flexibility to work overtime when either necessary or prudent to stay on top of the ever-changing workflow and workload
• Possess an understanding of print and digital processes and specifications to accurately prepare press-ready and/or web-ready deliverables
Other factors that could be a plus in your favor, but non-essential at this time:
• Any education or experience in front-end web coding, including HTML, XHTML and CSS
• Good familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Experience with HTML Email applications, such as MailChimp and Constant Contact
• Copy writing experience, at least for purposes of generating FPO rough copy and headlines
• Photography or illustration expertise. Rarely done in-house here, but useful occasionally
• Video editing experience in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
What we offer all our employees:
• A fun, creative environment that fosters agility, teamwork, and impact.
• Challenging and rewarding projects in a small, relaxed agency environment
• IRA with percentage employer match
Please provide a resume, cover letter, and a link to plenty of samples of your work, be that a personal website, Behance or similar portfolio site, etc.
How To Apply