Junior Packaging Graphic Designer
New Jersey based studio is growing and we are looking for an exceptional full-time Packaging Graphic Designer. As a part of our team, you will collaborate on all phases of the design process. Our brands include iHome and we are a leader in consumer electronics with over 60 years experience.
What we need:
• A Graphic Designer with BA, BS or BFA in Graphic Design/Visual Communication
• Responsible for creating packaging concepts, comps and artwork.
• Knowledge of various types of structural packaging, materials, and production processes.
• Able to meet tough deadlines by preparing artwork for packaging, under the direction of the Senior Manager of Packaging.
• Able to multitask and manage multiple projects at once, while effectively communicating project status.
• Can generate packaging mockups and prototypes with excellent craftsmanship
• Execute graphic design and production with attention to detail
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepare finished copy and art to meet vendor print standards.
• BFA/BA/BS degree in graphic design, or degree in related field preferred.
• 2-3 years’ professional experience in graphic design preferred.
• Extensive experience with one or more graphic programs including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Self-starter and energetic team player.
• Proficient in handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of design principles and practices (typography, grids, alignment, white space).
• Experience working with brand guidelines and sometimes multiple guides for one company.
• Strong portfolio required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, subordinates, and senior leaders in achieving objectives.
Please note one of the requirements for this position is to be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. Also, relocation expense reimbursement is not typically included with this position's compensation package.
Please send resume, with salary requirements, pdf of your portfolio and a link to your website.
How To Apply