UX / UI Designer
Today 90% of biologists in the world have never used a lab robot. They all use their own hands to execute experiments. This is not because they don’t want robots. It is because they could never afford them before. At 10x - 100x lower price than any other lab robots, Opentrons is making robotics accessible to average life scientists. Consequently, we are usually our customer's first ever robot. That means we have the opportunity (and challenge) to create the user experience of biology lab automation for most of the biologists around the world from the ground up.
Opentrons is a company obsessed with making things easier for biologists, so they can focus on answering some of the most important questions of our time. Our multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, designers, and business people spend every day trying to provide the best robots to the most scientists possible. We are looking for a talented, process driven user experience designer to join the team and lead the charge of crafting elegant, intuitive experiences for scientists using our robots.
* You've designed interfaces that thousands of people use to do things every day.
* You have meticulously developed a design process to get every detail right.
* You have strong visual design skills with the ability to communicate clearly through sketching, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
* You have experience working in interdisciplinary product teams and love learning quickly on the job.
* You're in your comfort zone applying user research through a fast-paced iterative design / build / test process.
* You can synthesize user research data and business needs into an actionable design plan with measurable results on user experience.
* Creating wireframes and clickable mockups to be made into prototypes.
* Planning user tests and analyzing the data.
* Synthesizing user research into visual design improvements.
* Producing detailed production ready visual specifications ready to pass-off to engineers.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.