Principal Industrial Designer
Provide Industrial Design leadership and hands-on support for New Product Development Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design leadership and hands-on execution in all phases of the Industrial Design Process – from concept development, 3D concept modeling, digital rendering, and definition of Color/Material/Finishes.
• Provide perspective of design concepts based on the development of user experience maps to identify actionable consumer insights and design opportunities.
• Develop and delivers high quality materials for Design Reviews and Team meetings to clearly communicate the design strategy and design intent, meeting user/brand/technical requirements.
• Strong and direct collaboration with the R&D team to optimize new product concepts for manufacturing.
• Collaborate and work effectively as part of a cross functional team – Engineering/Manufacturing, Consumer Insights, and Brand.
• Collaborate and provide any needed support when working with external design resources.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design required.
• 10+ years of relevant hands-on industrial design experience in consumer products – Corporate Design preferred. Global Perspective a plus.
• Aesthetic sensibility and strong fundamentals – sketching, concept generation, advanced 3D modeling and digital rendering – SolidWorks and KeyShot/Bunkspeed a must.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – focus on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Experience in UX Design a plus.
• Mechanically inclined, with solid understanding of engineering principles, manufacturing processes and materials.
• Translator of the Brand into tangible design execution.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
• A design portfolio must be included with application to be considered (pdf file).
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.