Innovation Assistant Manager - 6643
Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and Simplicity Creative Group, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
Wilton Brands is seeking a Innovation Assistant Manager to join the innovation team in Woodridge, IL. Our team’s mission is to inspire the joy of creativity in baking and decorating by providing consumers with innovative products, services, and experiences that improve their lives. As an Innovation Pipeline
Manager, you will be accountable for building medium-to-long-term new product pipelines for the Wilton brand.
• Innovation Project Support: Support Innovation Director and Pipeline Manager run multiple key new innovation project workstreams for the medium-to-long-term pipeline to develop new product concepts and positionings and compelling consumer-led marketing story. Collaborate with, and lead cross- functional teams across each of the projects to ensure implementable deliverables and internal sell-in.
• Secondary Research and Trend Support: Supports Strategy Manager to gather relevant research from our multiple trend service subscriptions, plus perform additional secondary research to supplement trends, to ultimately help create actionable strategies
• Integrated Marketing and Sales Innovation Support: Support Innovation Pipeline Manager with projects for Wilton’s sales channel needs across brick & mortar and eComm channels
• Blue Sky Library contributor: Partner with Innovation Director, Sourcing, Managers, and Design to build and manage the New-to-Market Library of Materials, Ingredients, and Technologies
• Other projects, as needed
Education and Experience:
• 1-2 years of marketing experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Innovation experience a plus
• Experience with a CPG company a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Innovation Pipeline Project Work: Ability to understand and collaborate with teams through innovation project work – from problem identification to insight mining to idea generation to consumer evaluation to concept development and preliminary product development. Product Development Skills: Must be comfortable learning to develop food and hard-good products and be comfortable working with cross-functional teams (internal and external teams) to ensure successful execution.
Marketing and Branding Skills: Must understand the fundamentals of marketing and branding, and be able to support marketing, brand, and innovation strategies.
Powerpoint and Storytelling: Must be able to work in powerpoint, and be able to narrate a compelling and strategic story and argument for all strategies.
Compelling Writing Skills: Must have excellent writing skills and be able to write new Product Concepts, Marketing Stories and trends in a compelling ways for internal or external use Expansive, Possibility-focused, and Curious mindset: Must be able to see past the reality of today’s business and consumer world and consider the potential of what ‘could be’ in the future. Critical ability to question the status quo, while still maintaining a pragmatic attitude about the mechanics of our business.
Strong collaboration and teamwork skills: Must be comfortable working with and contributing to a cross-functional team with a positive attitude and ‘team-first’ behaviors.
Interest in Baking and Decorating Category: While it is not critical to be an avid baker, there must be a keen interest in understanding the industry, the baking consumer, and the direct/indirect influences faced.
Physical Demands/Work Requirements:
• Available to travel locally and domestically for consumer immersions and research 2-3 times/yr
• Available to travel domestically for trade shows, innovation conferences, and customer meetings 2-3 times/yr
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.