Senior Graphic Designer
Metro’s Design Studio is seeking talented and motivated Senior Graphic Designers to provide graphic design services as temporary employees (3o hours/week). The selected designer(s) will work with the award-winning, in-house creative team in Metro’s downtown Los Angeles headquarters under the supervision of Metro’s Creative Director and Art Directors.
We are looking for exceptional creative talent with a refined set of practical skills. Selected designer(s) will work with Metro’s in-house creative teams on design solutions for print and digital across a variety of brand communications such as advertising, customer communications, social media and information design. We are looking for conceptually-minded, creative designers who are highly-organized, collaborative and proactive.
Examples of Duties
• Conceptualize original creative ideas, designs and layouts from concept to final and/or employ Metro’s existing design standards and templates
• Correctly create final artwork files for print and digital
• Attend meetings and perform work at Metro’s downtown LA Headquarters building
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with team
• Update files regularly to our on-site servers
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art, Advertising or a related field is required
• Minimum of three years solid experience in a professional design studio
• Knowledge of Mac-based software is essential. The selected designer(s) must be highly proficient in Adobe Creative design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Extra credit will be given for fluency in After Effects, Animate, Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
Desirable Skill Sets
• Passion for creative visual storytelling
• Strong interest in visual research and design trends
• Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design theories including layout, color theory and typography
• Self-starter attitude
• Highly organized, with a reverence for detail
• Effective communicator who enjoys working collaboratively and works well with multiple players
• Works well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to successfully track multiple projects and deadlines
• Interest in transportation and love for Los Angeles would be a big plus
• Hourly pay grade range is approximately: $30-45 per hour
• Commensurate with experience and qualifications, past salary and subject to negotiation with Metro
• Services will be provided as an as-needed employee and do not include employee benefits
• As-needed employees work 30 hours per week maximum
• As-needed employees are provided with Metro badges, allowing for free use of the Metro transit system
• Work is performed on-site at Metro’s headquarters in downtown Los Angeles
• Macintosh computer, phone and necessary office equipment are provided
Email cover letter, resume, portfolio link and proposed hourly rate of compensation.
Applications without all the required information may be considered incomplete.
Submit proposals for consideration by 8am on Monday, June 26, 2017.
Please, no off-shore or job placement services.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.