Entry-level / Junior Industrial Designer
Creature, a product development consulting firm in Atlanta, is seeking an energetic and talented, entry-level/junior industrial designer to join our team.
We are looking for a creative problem-solver who can generate a wide range of concepts for any given challenge. You will be working on a wide range of projects, including understanding user insights/needs/opportunities, quickly sketching and visualizing concepts for client presentations, brainstorming mechanical configurations and details, developing form and visual design languages for new products, and generating 3D files and renderings. You will be part of a collaborative design team, involved in client meetings, and supported by mechanical engineers to ensure that concepts are manufactureable and robust.
• Strong-to-awesome sketching skills. Able to develop a wide range of forms with hand-drawn sketches.
• Motivated and passionate about design, form, current visual trends and new products.
• Flexible and enthusiastic, able to tackle a wide variety of projects with enthusiasm – whether they are big challenges in a new product space, or day-to-day tasks.
• Can work well independently, but also thrives on teamwork, collaboration, discussion, and analysis. Generates unique ideas and responds positively to the ideas of others, without letting ego get in the way.
• Driven and motivated to manage multiple tasks.
• Passionate about understanding user needs and the objectives of the client.
• Enthusiastic, positive attitude. Is resilient and can respond positively to change and perceived setbacks.
• Ability to verbally articulate concepts in a clear, compelling, and succinct manner.
• Bachelor’s in Industrial Design
• Skilled in 3D, rendering, and 2D drawing software (Rhino or other, Keyshot, Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents).
About us: Creature is a small team of designers working in an extremely collaborative style. We do regular group critiques, and give constructive inputs that will challenge you and hone your skills. We have a wide range of clients in consumer products, medical device, and business-to-business markets. We are co-located with our mechanical engineering partner, Enginuity Works, so you will have great access to engineers with mechanical and technical knowledge to support your work. While we are serious about our work, we have a casual environment, are pet-friendly, offer a 401K, and are located in Atlanta’s Midtown West area. Find out more at www.creaturellc.com
Click the link below, and please include a complete portfolio (can be a website link), resume, and a cover letter to describe what job you are applying for and why. We want to understand your thinking and sketch ability, so for several projects please include sketch packages showing the range of concepts explored. No calls please.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.