Product / Packaging Designer
Industrial & Product Designer
Frankford Candy LLC
Frankford Candy LLC is America’s leading supplier of licensed branded confections, marketing products under popular brands like Nickelodeon, Disney, Marvel, Mars and more. We market a broad range of seasonal and everyday chocolate and non-chocolate products to all major retail distribution channels nationally. Frankford manufactures chocolate products in our Philadelphia, PA headquarters and imports other confectionery products from countries all over the world. We are looking for an Industrial & Product Designer to join our fast paced Innovations Group.
Frankford Candy is a privately held company that’s been in business for almost 70 years. We value hard-working, passionate employees where creativity and teamwork are at the core of our culture.
Frankford Candy is looking for a creative individual to take on a role dedicated to deliver break-through product innovations in their licensed branded portfolio. You will collaborate on all phases of the design process, the ideal candidate should have both product and packaging design experience. This is entry to mid-level position, reporting into the innovation manager within the marketing department.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Working directly with the innovation manager, he/she will design products and packaging, which are both brand appropriate and executable with in our vendors capabilities and budget. Development will include (but not limited to) candy and confections, ceramic gifts, bundled gift baskets, boxed gift sets, tins, and plastics.
- Execution in all phases of the product design process – from concept development, dieline development, digital rendering, definition of color/material and packaging artwork.
- Create new / unique dielines and packaging structures based off reference samples and from scratch.
- Apply licensed style guides, original artwork or purchased packaging artwork to products and packaging for licensor and internal approvals. (experience with licensed artwork a plus)
- Strong understanding of design principles and practices (typography, grids, alignment, white space).
- Prepare and coordinate prototype samples.
- Mock up packaging, products and boards for meetings and suppliers.
- Relentless attention to detail and accuracy.
- Photography skills and retouching capabilities.
- Be able to multitask and manage multiple projects at once, anticipate demands, while effectively communicating project status to manager. Seasonal workload peaks are to be expected.
Experience and Education
- 3-5 years of graphic and or packaging design experience.
- BFA of BS in Graphic Design / Industrial Design / Toy Design
- Portfolio demonstrating strong sense of product design, sketching ability, packaging and dieline development.
- Computer skills including Adobe Creative Cloud design: Photoshop, Illustrator, Photoshop and MS Office software (Word, Power Point)
- Experience working with licensed product preferred.
How to Apply
- Send resume, cover letter and digital or online portfolios to Meghan / email@example.com
- There is no relocation allowance for this position.
- No recruiters and staffing agencies.
How To Apply