A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artist Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
The Footwear Designer will integrate their thorough understanding of Fashion Trends, Market Conditions, Consumer Expectations, Technologies, and the Manufacturing Process with their design excellence to develop the next generations of SKECHERS USA footwear products within the junior, casual, and fashion athletics lines.
You will influence the respective categories and cultural events knowledge and experience relating to how the current and upcoming Fashion Trends might influence the consumers’ buying decisions, covering a vast demographic and multi-cultural area.
In addition, you'll use your knowledge in respect to Design, Development and Market Relevance to collaborate with Marketing and Sales personnel on projects to maximize effectiveness and salability.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Create innovative and affordable footwear design concepts.
• Work with Design Management, Development and Marketing personnel to collaborate on Design projects to maximize effectiveness and build product to target cost.
• Understanding of fashion trends and directions through travel, shop the markets, Tradeshows and researching the competition.
• Create accurate cads quickly and efficiently.
• Build and present seasonal product strategies and trend boards.
• Constant interaction with Merchandisers on all aspects of product line plans, briefs, color palette, pricing, themes, graphics, and strategies.
• Work with developers in US and Asia on line schedules and adhere to the product calendar, ensuring development projects are on track.
• Working with developers / materials team to coordinate and develop new materials, constructions, processes and procedures.
• Responsible for getting prototypes and samples executed to reflect the concept and design you created.
• Knowledge and understanding of competitors top sellers, technologies, styling, colors, strategies and pricing.
• Innovation through fashion forward new designs and technologies.
• Protect and enhance SKECHERS “DNA”.
• Periodic travel to Asia to follow up on development projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to sketch shoes accurately and proportionately & provide detailed specifications.
• Must understand the footwear production process at the factory level.
• Must have advanced skills in Photoshop / Illustrator and 3-D design programs.
• Must have great communication/presentation skills and work well with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Footwear Design, Fashion Design, or Graphic Design (OR) 4-6 years related work experience.
• Should have a minimum of 4-6 years of progressive, shoe designing experience and knowledge of shoe constructions and materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How To Apply