The Art Director is the lead designer for all of New York Media’s revenue driving creative projects, including sales initiatives, marketing and promotion campaigns, signature events, and others.
• The Art Director works on a wide variety of in-house creative projects, including digital sales materials, print advertising and advertorials, email marketing, promotional videos, microsites, print collateral, signage, experiential and social media executions.
• Lead development and management of branding, microsites, advertising, collateral and signage for signature events such as Vulture Festival and New York Taste.
• The Art Director will also be involved in brand management, producing and directing photo and video shoots, managing vendors, and managing designers and interns.
• Design and produce pitch decks in collaboration with sales and marketing teams
• Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or related degree
• Minimum 6 (six) years of experience in an in-house creative department, design studio, or agency
• The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter who is capable of both working independently and in collaboration with other members of the team.
• This candidate must be able to juggle multiple assignments under tight deadlines, switching between mediums (print & digital), internal/external clients and brands without hesitation, and with graphic excellence.
• A portfolio of professional graphic design work examples demonstrating best-of- class level design and typography skills across print and digital executions. Video a major plus
• Expert-level typography skills, with an eye for detail
• Must be multi-disciplinary and media agnostic, able to translate and execute graphics across a wide range of mediums: print, digital, experiential, video, presentation and more.
• Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Video editing and motion graphics using Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects
• Experience with print production and preparing print-ready files
• Experience with preparing presentation decks in Keynote and/or Powerpoint
• Must be fluent in designing for the web. At a minimum, intermediate experience with current standards of HTML and CSS. Wordpress or similar CMS experience and skills a plus
• Energetic; should thrive in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to confidently make judgment calls and troubleshoot in high-pressure situations, while responding tactfully in all situations.
• Experience with infographics and visual storytelling, especially for sales and marketing pitches
To apply: Please submit your salary requirements, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with “AD Creative Services - NYM” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your résumé as having been received unless your email is bounced back. EOE.
How To Apply