Intermediate Architectural/Interior Designer - Retail
RPG, a leading design firm of specialty retail environments is seeking an intermediate level Architectural/Interior Designer to work on retail projects. We have a very diverse client base of innovative start-ups and established luxury brand projects in fashion, beauty, jewelry, and hospitality. Our projects range in scale from small branded shop-in-shops to free-standing retail environments.
We are seeking an intermediate architectural/interior designer who exhibits in equal measure creativity and technical aptitude. We work with leading global retail brands and produce product and environmental solutions meeting our client’s aesthetic, operational, and financial requirements. We are a team of dedicated and creative professionals committed to collaborate problem solving and design excellence. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven culture is required. We are looking for individuals with a passion for creative design and lifestyle-driven solutions.
Self-motivated candidates who want to work on a wide variety of retail projects from design through implementation, are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be knowledgeable in the technical aspects of the practice of retail design and construction, adept at construction detailing, have field experience, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects in varying stages as part of a project team and also individually.
Required Abilities include but are not limited to:
• Candidates must hold a degree in architecture or interior design and 3-7 years of relevant US experience focused within the retail interior sector
• Project experience in New York City area, spanning department store “shop-in-shop”, mall in-line store, and free-standing store locations is preferred
• Have the ability to work on several projects/items at different levels of completeness at any given time
• Possess excellent communication skills – you can speak, write and document all stages of project to management, vendors and customers on request
• Comfortable taking direction, self-motivated and independent worker
• AutoCAD proficiency is required. Adobe CC and Sketch Up proficiency are a bonus
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in all phases of retail store design
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel as required
This is a full-time, permanent salaried position. Position includes full benefits.
Please send your resume and PDF portfolio of your work
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.