Designer - Golf Apparel
A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
Create design direction for the Men’s Category in conjunction with the Design Director and development team to bring innovative quality product to the market worldwide. The Designer of Men’s Apparel will take ownership of the process from beginning to the end. They will be the global design lead for this category under the direction of the Design Director.
Essential Job Results
• Study and interpret market conditions and trends from a design perspective as related to performance apparel.
• Create design direction for assigned categories of the seasonal apparel line which includes fabric, color, inspirational imagery, and the overall look and feel that meets the requirements of the global product brief and is inline with the design strategy.
• Communicate with clarity and knowledge to all necessary teams
• Maintain close relationships with cross-functional teams and departments to create a streamlined process.
• Collect relevant trend reports, style analysis, and innovative design concepts that will inspire the direction of the line in a new way.
• Trade publications, trade fairs, online design tools, sports events.
• General interest in fashion and performance apparel
• Work with outside vendors, fabric resources, color services, and alternative tools to successfully gather what is needed to bring apparel to life.
• Design product range utilizing primarily CAD and hand sketches.
• Design Marathon product and Special Event Design Capsules as the need arises
• Travel for trend, raw material and market research, as well as factory visits
• Partner with Graphic Designer on Seasonal Art and Trim Needs.
• Strong color perception and design ability
• Strong working knowledge of garment construction, fit, and fabrication
• Ability to understand the needs of and develop product resonating with Skechers Performance Apparel’s target market
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional time management skills
• Experienced with seasonal color, trend and theme research, and interpretation
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Team Player
• Self Starter
Education and Experience
• BA degree or advanced degree in specific design discipline desired
• 5+ years design experience
• Strong Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Skills required
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How To Apply