Digital Fabrication Programmer/Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated Digital Fabrication Programmer/Project Manager, able to work in a fast paced environment while keeping quality and attention to detail as the top priority.
Background: Timbur LLC is a fast growing Digital Fabrication company based in Atlantic Highlands NJ. We fabricate large scale projects for General Contractors, Architects, Artists and Designers. Our production is focused in 4 key areas; Architecture, Furniture, Art and Retail/Experience.
Digital Fabrication Programmer/Project Manager Responsibilities: Sees projects from inception through completion by modelling and programming in Rhinoceros 3d software for CNC machines and working cohesively with the CNC Router Operator and Fabricator to ensure meeting project specifications and deadlines.
Digital Fabrication Programmer/Project Manager Job Duties:
• Reviews new project inquiries to assess feasibility and alignment with Timbur LLC goals
• Estimates projects by communicating with the Timbur team to determine materials costs and projected time to project completion
• Communicates with clients to understand project details and client goals when needed
• Programs projects for CNC Routing and communicates with CNC Router Operator to ensure precise execution
• Communicates with Office Coordinator on project material ordering, estimating, client communications and project shipping coordination
• Communicates with Shop Manager to set fabrication strategy to ensure flawless execution and meeting project deadlines
• Communicates with Fabricator to ensure work meets specifications
• Digital Fabrication Programmer/Project Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Architecture or Design education/background preferred!!
• 2+ years programming experience in a CNC fabrication shop preferred
• Expert knowledge of modeling in Rhinoceros 3d
• Working knowledge of programming in Rhinocam
• Ability to use Grasshopper for Rhinoceros fluently
• Experience running 3 and 5 axis CNC machines
• Knowledge of 3 and 5 axis CNC router programming
• Knowledge of G and M codes for NC programming
• Exposure to industrial robotics a plus
• Ability to take a project from shop drawings through fabrication
• Working knowledge of wood, plastic and foam fabrication details and construction methods
• Comfortable working off schedule
• Able to complete tasks on time and work with production schedules
• Graphic design and rendering skills welcome (Photoshop/Illustrator/Maxwell)
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.