UX / UI / Visual Designer
Design for Context is looking for an experienced visual designer with a solid understanding of user experience and UI development skills to join our growing team. We create high-quality user experiences for enterprise and SaaS applications, digital libraries, search user interfaces and mobile apps. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, and thrive working collaboratively with other smart people to solve tough design challenges.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with our team of UX designers to transform initial sketches and wireframes into visually appealing user interfaces, following a user-centered design process.
- Create visual mockups using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator.
- Create style guides and documentation of design patterns to clearly communicate design and facilitate reuse.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm alternative approaches to design.
- Support our clients and their development teams to ensure that designs are implemented successfully.
What You Need For This Position
- Experience: 5+ years designing and developing UIs for web-based enterprise and SaaS applications, ideally using Agile development methods.
- User-centered perspective: Understanding of user experience, user-centered design, usability, and accessibility, including a knowledge of front end coding to meet Section 508 and WCAG standards.
- Visual design skills: Ability to design all visual aspects of the user interface and create modern, appealing designs through skillful use of color, typography, icons, etc.
- Collaboration: Enthusiasm for working closely with other UX designers, graphic designers, developers and team members, and comfortable working in a distributed, collaborative team environment.
- Creativity: Ability to innovate and solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity.
- Attention to detail: Detail-oriented and thorough approach to creating visual mockups and front-end code.
- Independence: Must be self-directed, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Education: Minimum of BA/BS.
We are open to considering full time, part time, or contract work for the right person.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.